Twice annually, the Kyrene Foundation awards teacher and staff mini-grants in Kyrene.
The Kyrene Foundation awards mini-grants that:
- Provide enhanced learning opportunities for students
- Support approved professional development for teachers
Kyrene teachers and staff may apply for up to $500.00 for items such as guest speakers, supplies, materials, equipment, educational study trips, conference fees, or allowable travel expenses. Just over $10,000 was awarded for great proposals impacting student learning in Kyrene!
Fall grant cycle will open September 2017!
The Kyrene Foundation has supported over 43 Kyrene classrooms with mini-grants in the 2016-2017 school year totaling nearly $18,000.
Some grant highlights from this year are:
- Kyrene Middle School’s Minitown
- Kyrene Traditional School’s SLUG Garden Bench
- Paloma and Colina’s Jazz Assembly
- Centennial Middle School’s Active Seating-Stability Balls
- District Wide SPED Literacy Supports
- National Forum on Dropout Prevention Conference
- Aprende’s Bio-Exploration Forensics Unit
- Norte’s Place Value Galore- 2nd Grade Math Manipulatives
- Colina’s Engineering Centers